Multimedia infotainment in vehicles
The multi content multimedia player component of bitcontrol® Multimedia Suite is used in vehicles to present passenger information and infotainment stuff such as weather, news and advertising.
The player is controlled by playlist, which generates cyclical and event-driven transfer points out of schedule and vehicle information, ensuring a fluid transition between infotainment and passenger information.
The multi content multimedia player component of bitcontrol® Multimedia Suite supports the presentation of the following infotainment formats:
- Video: MPEG-1/2/4, H.263/264, AVC, WMV, FVL, HDTV
- bitcontrol® TV-Suite (DVB-T/S, RTSP-live, RTSP-VOD), DVD, CD
- images (PNG, BMP, JPG, TGA, GIF), text, ticker, animationen (Flash, SVG)
- PDF, MS Word, MS Excel (upon request)
- mixed playlist and event control
This principle of distributing multimedia content from a source to multiple clients over a LAN or the Internet for local playback can also be used in residential facilities, such as chain stores, airports and train stations. It is not limited to applications in buses, trams and trains.